Value Chain Development
The Component focuses on the agricultural value chains of cocoa and coffee, rice and vegetable, reaching 12,500 youth in the districts of Kailahun, Kono and Koinadugu. This Component is implemented by the association AFC-GOPA, with Welthungerhilfe and CEFAK as subcontractors.
Main thematic focus of the Component includes analysis of the value chain, rehabilitation of abandoned or neglected fields, production raising, capacity building activities, development of business models and linkages with private companies, upscaling and dissemination of successful models.
1. 4500 ha of cocoa and coffee plantations will be rehabilitated.
2. 450 ha of Inland Valley Swamps will be rehabilitated.
3. Production will be raised to 250 kg/ha for cocoa and coffee, and to 2,500 kg/ha for rice on previously rehabilitated fields.
4. Quality will be improved through links with certification and inputs
5. 12,500 youths will be trained through the Integrated Farmer Training methodology in production, plantation management and entrepreneurship.