Sierra Leone Employers Federation
The Sierra Leone Employers’ Federation is a non-profit business association which was established in 1966 with a mandate to unite, represent and support Employers in Sierra Leone.
To be a sustainable employers’ umbrella organisation that is capable of effectively and efficiently engaging with government and employees’ organisations on pertinent labour issues on behalf of our members.
Seek to promote and protect the interests of employers in all matters of employment.
- Advocate the needs and defend the collective interests of its members and the business community so that they benefit from a favourable legal, legislative, institutional and statutory environment
- Promote social dialogue
- Liaise with Ministries, Departments and Agencies on matters within the objectives of the Federation
- Provide relevant information, advisory, consultancy and training services to members
- Provide support and advisory services to members in respect of labour issues and to assist them in the settlement of labour disputes and on matters connected with collective bargaining
- Facilitate, promote and to provide a forum for regular consultation between embers on matters of common interest
- Promote among Members the adoption of sound principles and best practices of Human Resource management and industrial relations
- Ensure that the interests of the business community are not adversely affected during the drafting /formulation stage of legislation
- Alert and update its members on the implications and requirements of important legislation, regulations and administrative instructions affecting employers and relations between employers and employees
- Promote cooperation between Associations of Employers in various sectors of the economy, Industries and businesses in Sierra Leone and between individual employers on matters that affect/or are likely to affect employers
- Liaise with other business and organisations and where deemed necessary coordinate advocacy and lobbying on issues of mutual interests
- Cooperate with any organization of Employers, regional or international or become a member thereof, whose main objectives are similar to those of the Federation
Membership of the Federation shall be open to all employers engaged in or associated with any industry, trade, business or any other profession legally operating in Sierra Leone and to Registered Employers or Business organizations whose objectives are compatible with those of the federation.
The Sierra Leone Employers’ Federation (SLEF)
5th Floor Guma Building, Lamina Sankoh Street,
Freetown, Sierra Leone.
P.O. Box 562