The Industrial Relations department is responsible to carry out the following functions:
– Promote industrial harmony in the world of work through regular labour inspections
– Settlement of industrial disputes through conciliation in the Ministry of Labour and adjudication in the Industrial Court.
– It also regulates Labour and Employment relations between Employers and Employees
– It regulates Employers’ Organizations and Trade Unions activities and advise Trade Unions on critical issues outside the scope of negotiation
– Take lead in tripartite consultations (Joint Consultative Committee)
– Responsible for the computation and vetting of work place accident compensations, redundancy compensation and end of service benefit in the Ministry
– Conduct labour inspections in all type of establishments to ensure compliance with the Labour Laws
– Attestation of Contract of Employment, Human resource policies etc.
– Advise Employers and Employees alike on labour relations